Musepack Forums

Musepack Forums (https://forum.musepack.net/index.php)
-   Development (https://forum.musepack.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Muse Pack Adobe Audition & Winamp Plug-Ins (https://forum.musepack.net/showthread.php?t=314)

Sina 03 December 2006 09:16 am

Muse Pack Adobe Audition & Winamp Plug-Ins

Hi Shy...
Whats up about Muse Pack filter for audition?
Any good news about Muse Pack filter & james?
Shy, did you optimized Muse Pack encoder & decoder for Hyper Thread & Dual Core CPU's &
DirectX Acceleration?

And encoding options is very simple, add more features for encoding if possible:
Channel Options.(Mono - Joint Stereo - Stereo - 4 - 4.1 - 5.1 - 7.1)
Bitrate Options.
Sample Rate Options.
Quality Options.(Low - Medium - High - Xtreme)

Shy, the best-pro Muse Pack converter-ripper soft for win is ADOBE AUDITION & best-pro player for win is WINAMP.

But if you develop your own filter for audition...

xmixahlx 03 December 2006 06:44 pm

LOL @ directx

no, musepack does not support hyperthreading, multi-channel and super-low quality settings.

Shy 03 December 2006 10:53 pm

Hello Sina...
Well, I'll refrain from mentioning how many forum rules you've broken :) and I'll just mention that James said he'll take a look at it and pass it on to us if he comes up with anything.

Sina 04 December 2006 07:22 am

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :wink:

Thanks for infos...

Sina 04 December 2006 07:52 am

Sorry

Oh god...

Sorry xmixahlx about DirectX Acceleration.
I past it wrong from other forum.(Riva Tuner)

;)

Sina 04 December 2006 10:18 am

Why Muse Pack doesn't support HT & Dual Core features?

Shy 04 December 2006 01:48 pm

Sina, you can't ask many questions in a single thread. Please read the terms of service.
Musepack doesn't support hyperthreading and multiple processors because no one bothered adding such support yet, and because it doesn't really need to.

The encoder is 2 to 3 times faster than proper MP3 and AAC encoders, and almost as fast as an SSE3 and assembly optimized Vorbis encoder. The Musepack encoder doesn't need any such optimizations to be fast, and is the fastest on older PCs and other low power devices. On a PC that you can actually use such optimizations, encoding is very fast anyway. 24 times the realtime speed on an Athlon 64 3200+ Venice.
Multiple processor/core usage is mostly needed in video coding, where the encoding is hardly twice the realtime speed on modern CPUs. Also, since it's audio you're talking about, you usually need to encode several tracks each time anyway. The encoding process of each track can use a separate processor or core.

Sina 05 December 2006 11:29 am

Ok ok ok, relax Shy...

Shy 05 December 2006 09:33 pm

If you would have preferred no explanations, then you shouldn't have bothered asking.
About forum rules, I simply let you know you're expected to follow them.