View Single Post
Old 19 July 2005, 07:49 pm   #3
drmrbrewer

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I've not used Batch Encoder before. I assume I just batch decode to wav and then batch encode back to mpc using the lower quality setting?

I know you said --radio has significant quality loss, but I'm tempted by --thumb I would never be playing back through decent headphones, and quite often only through the Palm's internal speaker, just to get a flavour of the music when out and about! I presume --thumb (or even --telephone!) would be good enough for this purpose? The more music I can cram on, the better I can save higher-quality listening for when I'm back home.

Cheers,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy
Using foobar2000 you can encode from any format it supports to another (and sometimes the same) format, including from mpc to mpc.
Other programs might be able to do that, but I'm not familiar with all of them, so if anyone knows, feel free to mention it.
Since you mentioned the files' sizes are between 3 and 7 mb, I assume they were encoded using the --standard or --xtreme quality. --radio is not recommended unless you don't mind significant quality loss (it is called "radio" after all ) and reencoding in general is of course not recommended.
drmrbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote