View Single Post
Old 05 May 2005, 11:36 pm   #8
crazee_canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by piman
This is not a repeat problem, as far as I can tell. Certainly the FAQ entry you mentioned does not tell people how to fix it! It is due to a change in libmusepack 1.1.1. The 'BOOL' type was changed to 'mpc_bool_t' between 1.1 and 1.1.1. This change was not documented, was API-incompatible, and happened in a minor revision. In short, it was stupid.

See, for example, https://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet/ticket/55, where I had to fix the same bug in PyMusepack.

Please, when you change your library, document it and bump the SONAME and version number appropriately. If you don't, no one will use it, and I'll have to fork it to have it in Debian properly.
Thank you, because of your post I was able to compile bmp-musepack.

To the original poster, if you haven't fixed it yet, the following patch let you compile bmp-musepack:

Code:
--- bmp-musepack-1.1.2.orig/src/libmpc.cpp
+++ bmp-musepack-1.1.2/src/libmpc.cpp
@@ -33,7 +33,7 @@
     return vfs_fread(ptr, 1, size, d->file);
 }

-BOOL
+mpc_bool_t
 seek_impl(void *data, int offset)
 {
     reader_data *d = (reader_data *) data;
@@ -57,7 +57,7 @@
     return d->size;
 }

-BOOL
+mpc_bool_t
 canseek_impl(void *data)
 {
     reader_data *d = (reader_data *) data;
@@ -67,7 +67,7 @@

void
 setup_reader(mpc_reader * reader, reader_data * data, VFSFile * input,
-                 BOOL seekable)
+                 mpc_bool_t seekable)
 {
     data->file = input;
     data->seekable = seekable;
Such a simple fix, and I've been playing with it for the last hour thinking it was something screwed with my libraries....*sigh*

BTW:

Quote:
My report was not angry, but it was factual, and the problem is incredibly frustrating. Not bumping the version is stupid. We all do stupid things periodically, it doesn't make them less stupid. And if you don't bump the version, I do have to maintain a fork for Debian, where policy demands (rightly) I bump versions.
I don't think that is an angry report at all. For a non-coder such as myself, I needed a kick in the rear to know how to fix it...and piman helped me (and hopefully the OP) fix it.

Cheers.
crazee_canuck is offline   Reply With Quote