View Single Post
Old 30 July 2009, 05:29 pm   #6
Shy
Admin

The method used by almost all software developers is to create their own decoder based on the available Musepack decoder library (or "source code") or on a third-party decoder library (such as GStreamer or ffmpeg). The decoder is either included within the application itself or provided as a plugin.

I think any developer would agree that using someone else's command-line deocder is not a recommended method for playback or streaming and can't be expected to be reliable or work at all.

In short, I don't know whether it's a possibility for them or not, but my suggestion would be that they take the usual, widely-accepted and expected approach, and based on the source code create their own decoder which can have any features they need and leave out any features they don't.

I wish people didn't advertise that a product "supports" a format when in fact it just uses a third-party application to do the work for them in a dirty way. But there's really nothing we can do about it.. I appreciate your efforts and understand your frustration. Hopefully this issue could be fixed and you could enjoy your audio and not have to mess around with compatibility issues.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote