Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > Development

Old 04 March 2005, 09:23 pm   #1
bagder

Default libmusepack licensing

Hello good people!

I'm one of the people involved in the Rockbox (www.rockbox.org) project. We work hard since a few years back on writing a firmware for portable music players. Rockbox is 100% GPL.

To make a long story short. We want to be able to use libmusepack in Rockbox. But the Original BSD license of the code prevents us from being able to distribute binaries due to the "GPL incompatibility".

Has this issue been addressed before? Any chance of the license to get changed to the Modified BSD license? Any chance of a special handicrafted license for our purpose?

Thanks for your time.
bagder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 March 2005, 09:35 pm   #2
bagder

Hm.

Sorry for being stupid. I read the license again, this time with my eyes open. Now I realize this is a Modified BSD license.

Issue solved. Never mind. Move on, nothing to see here.
bagder is offline   Reply With Quote