Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > Development

Old 24 December 2006, 02:57 am   #1
Nicholi

Default libmpcdec not working when linked with mplayer since 1.2.3

Building either libmpcdec 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 with mplayer results in complete noise/garbage output when decoding .mpc files. Building with MinGW for windows that is, if that may possibly be the issue. I have no idea how to test the lib itself in Windows, so I suppose it could just be mplayer?

An acquaintance of mine who also builds mplayer actually pointed it out at first in his builds with 1.2.4. I simply confirmed the same and checked 1.2.3 as well to find the same garbled output. 1.2.2 is the only version I have ever used before and it still seems to work in latest svn builds of mplayer. Also if it matters at all the files I was trying to play are of the older variety, afaik. I don't use Musepack much but I had some older encoded files around using mppenc 1.15v.

I don't really know if the problem is old support for the musepack decoder in mplayer or if it is just a windows related build issue. Since things are picking up around here I decided to report what I've found at least. Perhaps you can find the problem.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2006, 03:44 pm   #2
Lefungus
Procrastinator

Yes, i've noticed that as well and didn't have time to check out why (same issue on win32 & posix).
The good news is that ffmpeg now have their own native musepack decoder (http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/050235.html)
Mplayer will eventually be able to play those files through it soon.

Last edited by Lefungus; 24 December 2006 at 03:45 pm. Reason: add posix comment
Lefungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2006, 05:13 am   #3
Nicholi

Aye someone else just showed that to me. Good to see more stuff being natively added into FFMPEG n_n.
Old 26 January 2007, 09:09 am   #4
Nicholi

Bump. I thought I recalled reading on one of the mplayer mailing lists that the issue I described above was fixed in libmpcdec. However I notice an "official" src release has not taken place since 1.2.4.

Have I been hallucinating about bug fixes that aren't really there , or is there a fix in SVN?
Old 27 January 2007, 12:44 pm   #5
Lefungus
Procrastinator

R2d fixed it in svn (http://trac.musepack.net/trac/changeset/197), but it hasn't been released 'officially'.
If I find time, I'll do it this week end..
Lefungus is offline   Reply With Quote