Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for UNIX

Old 25 November 2004, 03:18 pm   #1
ncm

Default OSX mpp 1.15 basic issues

I just received an archive of .mpc files and am trying to open them/convert to a more usable format for a mac. Only app I've found so far that reads these files is the above, but - mea culpa - I've not got around to learning cl yet and the three included files seem to need that. In one, there is a reference to a manual, but doesn't say where it is. Coudn't find it on the Musepack site...and don't know how to locate it using Terminal. Drag and dropping a .mpc file onto one of the terminal apps doesn't work.

Can somebody please take pity on an ignorant gui-based user and tell me how I can convince mpp to let me listen to the audio files and possibly convert them to MP3 or something else I can use with mac music apps? Precise cl directions would be fine. I just don't know anything about it but am willing to learn.

thanx,

ncm
ncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2004, 05:13 pm   #2
ncm

Ok, at first, before posting, I didn't see that the MPC for Unix forum included Mac. I found guaren's useful directions there and have successfully converted the files to .wav (only format mentioned in his post, but that worked) ... one at a time. I suspect I should have imported the folder of .mpc files into the same folder as the cl apps, but instead only imported the individual files so didn't know how to batch convert using the cl. Anyhow, a useful learning experience.
ncm is offline   Reply With Quote