Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > General

Old 15 April 2009, 12:42 pm   #1
Muse

Angry Cowon Players - Firmware Update to sv8?

Hi Moderators,

I would like to adress to you in order to approach Cowon to update the firmware of A2, A3 and Q5W Players. It's not possible to play Musepack sv8 on the respective players because Cowon failed to update the firmware. As an owner of an A2 player (I bought this player just because it supports musepack!) it's not possible to play all my to sv8 converted files! So my player is completely devaluated!

Please could you impose some pressure upon Cowon?

Thank you very much

Muse
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2009, 02:59 pm   #2
Shy
Admin

That's strange. I got an update from Cowon long ago that SV8 support will be added soon. I'll write to the contact regarding it. We can't put any pressure on them, though, only Cowon player owners in general can. I'll post an update when I know something.

Until then, I'd suggest not to crucify Cowon yet , they've been great and it's most probably something they're just late with but will resolve eventually, hopefully soon. You can ask about SV8 support on their forums or through the contact form on their site.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2009, 07:13 pm   #3
Muse

Hello Shy,

thank you very much for your answer! I tried to register at IAUDIOphile forums several times, but never received a registration mail. The moderators there don't care (see: New User Registration Problems) for their forum! I'm not the only one! Many users complained, because they didn't get registration mails. The forum seems to be a closed shop!

Muse

Last edited by Muse; 15 April 2009 at 08:33 pm.
Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2009, 01:58 am   #4
Shy
Admin

A little update: the info I sent will be passed directly to Cowon's R&D department. I do assume they'll implement SV8 support as soon as they can. I'll let you know if I get any other update. Until then, I think it's still a good idea to show your interest (if it's technically possible..) in a firmware update to SV8.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote