Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > General

Old 05 March 2009, 10:59 pm   #1
Sled Dog

Default Mpcgain Batch file? Tags?

I am used to gui, sadly. Speeks frontends used to get me by quite well, still use his Mpc Batch Encoder for the new SV8, just had to rename the exe. Can't seem to make the replaygain option in the frontend work. Can someone in the know please scratch out a bat or something I could use to Mpcgain a folder, or group of subfolders perhaps. So long since I did musch with a dos box, forgot most of what little I knew. I will have to find a way to Ape tag these files as well, tag function in Speeks frontend shows an error, "can't read file type" I think. Seems to tag the file, just not sure if it messes with the file in a bad way as well, don't want to goof the compatability. I can live with the error as long as I know its not affecting the mpc. I have about 160gig of Flac to convert to MPC before I can backup and put away the Flacs.

Thanks for any-all help.
Long live MPC!
Sled Dog.
Sled Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 March 2009, 03:08 am   #2
Shy
Admin

A very easy way you can calculate ReplayGain for multiple albums is by loading the files in foobar2000, highlighting/selecting all of them, right-click, "ReplayGain", "scan selection as albums". It's also fast and uses multiple CPU cores if available. Tagging is also straightforward, and there's a "get tags from freedb" feature.
I'll see if I can come up with a batch file as well.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 March 2009, 07:21 pm   #3
Sled Dog

Default Foobar

Ok, I'll give Foobar a try. Kinda used to Winamp, but can use Foo fur mpcgain, since it nativly is supporting the function. Will try the tag too.
Thanks.
Old 07 March 2009, 07:17 am   #4
mll

Don't forget my - old but faithful - rgdir !
mll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2009, 09:17 pm   #5
Sled Dog

Managed to get foo to do the job. Just wish when converting that it would put the mpc in a folder same name as original, could batch faaster that way.
What is rgdir?