Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for UNIX

Old 19 November 2004, 03:57 am   #1

Default HOW TO I USE THIS ON A MAC??? THERE IS NO README FILE!!!

[/b]Just like I said, I have no clue how I am supposed to use this on a mac. It says that the command is incorrect or that the file does not exist, or that I lack permission. Please give me some help/tech support. A readme would be nice too. And some cookies, I want cookies.
Old 19 November 2004, 10:19 am   #2
Seed
Musepack Nanny

Using CAPITAL letters in a forum equals shouting. When I was young and did that, my mother would slap me, rather than give me cookies.

If someone with a Mac still wants to help, you're welcome to.
Seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2004, 01:05 pm   #3

I used Capitols out of frustration, because I had been attempting to use the program for over an hour with no success. There is no readme file and no tech support, which simply seems rather dumb or lazy on the part of the programmers. I understand the amount of time and effort that goes into a project like this, but releasing an unfinished product with no warning labels is somewhat bothersome.
And yes, I suppose I am still worthy of help, why wouldn't I be?
Old 19 November 2004, 10:00 pm   #4
miksha

I know that everyone is waiting for new mpc stream version, but can you see that this slight amount of arrogancy & "god mode" way of speaking turns people of this forum. Nothing interesting happend here for about 2 months. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I like friendlier forums better.

And concerning mac tutorial, it was announced a month ago, by one of the admin people, I think Shy. Still nothing?

Regards, Miksha!
miksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2004, 01:53 pm   #5
Lefungus
Procrastinator

I try to answer to every questions reasonnably when I do know the answers. Since I have a life too, I tend to dislike people requesting something to be done. Musepack is under a free licence, so nobody has any obligations to provide tech support, phone assistance or whatever.

Mac support is only mppenc working on Mac OS X. Any tutorial about how using mppenc on windows should apply fine. Concerning lack of tutorials, mishka, you're free to submit some if you think we're working too slow.
Lefungus is offline   Reply With Quote