Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > Development

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 December 2006, 02:57 am   #1
Nicholi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Default libmpcdec not working when linked with mplayer since 1.2.3

Building either libmpcdec 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 with mplayer results in complete noise/garbage output when decoding .mpc files. Building with MinGW for windows that is, if that may possibly be the issue. I have no idea how to test the lib itself in Windows, so I suppose it could just be mplayer?

An acquaintance of mine who also builds mplayer actually pointed it out at first in his builds with 1.2.4. I simply confirmed the same and checked 1.2.3 as well to find the same garbled output. 1.2.2 is the only version I have ever used before and it still seems to work in latest svn builds of mplayer. Also if it matters at all the files I was trying to play are of the older variety, afaik. I don't use Musepack much but I had some older encoded files around using mppenc 1.15v.

I don't really know if the problem is old support for the musepack decoder in mplayer or if it is just a windows related build issue. Since things are picking up around here I decided to report what I've found at least. Perhaps you can find the problem.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mppenc 1.16/libmpcdec 1.2.3 Seed General 8 11 December 2006 03:03 am


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:37 pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.