Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for Windows

Old 16 January 2005, 02:24 pm   #1
Scorper

Default Making MPCbatchencoder better

I really like MPCs, they are alot better quality than mp3s, and in many cases smaller than 192kb/s mp3s.

Only thing that is a bit annoying when I'm ripping CDs to mpcs, I rip them to .wavs at first (with CDex) and then convert them to .mpcs with MPCbatchencoder. The annoying thing is that I can't put folders in MPCbatchencoder. It would be nice to rip the CDs to wavs, and then convert them (in a large batch) to .mpcs PRESERVING the folder structure. Just a thought.
Scorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2005, 04:51 pm   #2
Shy
Admin

Quote:
The annoying thing is that I can't put folders in MPCbatchencoder.
You can type or choose the output directory ('Output dir' field).
Quote:
It would be nice to rip the CDs to wavs, and then convert them (in a large batch) to .mpcs PRESERVING the folder structure. Just a thought.
I'm not sure what you mean by "preserving the folder structure," but if you don't type anything in the 'Output dir' field, as the mouseover notice says: "If you leave this box empty: output directory = input directory."
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2005, 06:03 pm   #3
xmixahlx
Musepack developer

Send a message via ICQ to xmixahlx

...sometimes it is odd to hear the things your OS can't do

:P
Old 16 January 2005, 07:21 pm   #4
Scorper

Let me explain myself a bit better I mean when I rip the CDs, CDex creates an Iron Maiden Folder, then it creates Dance of Death folder, and puts the wavs there. Then I use MPC batch encoder, but I can't convert the whole Iron Maiden folder (assuming there are more albums), but I have to convert them one album at a time, and assign a new folder path for them (assuming I don't convert them to the same folder). This is time consuming, and it would be easier to just convert the whole rips folder, AND it's subfolders. I mean it would just move the whole rips folder to another drive/place BUT converting the files in the same time. Get it?
Scorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2005, 02:53 am   #5
Shy
Admin

Quote:
...sometimes it is odd to hear the things your OS can't do
This remark doesn't belong here, or anywhere, unless it's an anti 'X' OS thread, which also wouldn't belong here.
Quote:
Get it?
Yep.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2005, 06:18 pm   #6
xmixahlx
Musepack developer

Send a message via ICQ to xmixahlx

i'm not being a bastard, it really is weird to think some OS's have progressed this far and lack basic functions...

...and then some OS's provide basic functions without any eyecandy or excitement

pick and choose i guess

later
Old 18 January 2005, 05:05 am   #7
Mr_Rabid_Teddybear

Well I guess Scorper are on Windows (and even though pushing Linux are a good thing in itself it hardly belongs in this thread)... What I would recommend are going to hydrogenaudio.org and do a search on Exact Audio Copy, foobar2000, MAREO and such... There should be ways to accomplish what you want, but I'm way to knackered now to even try thinking....
Mr_Rabid_Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2005, 06:16 pm   #8
Speek

I hope I understand it right, but i think it can be done easily with MPC Batch Encoder (latest version).

Assume "E:MusicIron Maiden" is where you keep your compressed Iron Maiden albums. Assume "D:RippedIron Maiden" is where your wav files are. You drag 'n drop "D:RippedIron Maiden" from Windows Explorer (or alternative file manager) into the filelist. Then you select output directory: "E:MusicIron Maiden" and check 'Preserve directory structure' and set it to '1 dir.'.

Other situation. You've ripped albums from more than one artist. Then you drag 'n drop the folders into the filelist like before, but you choose output directory: "E:Music" and check 'Preserve directory structure' and set it to '2 dir.'.
Speek is offline   Reply With Quote