Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for UNIX

Old 25 February 2005, 01:24 pm   #21
Shy
Admin

Quote:
- Change the tag type from APE (IDv1 APEv2) to something else; APEv2 or IDE3v2 (IDEv1 IDEv2) worked for me.
To make things clear, there is no such thing as "IDv1 APEv2" or "IDEv1 IDEv2." There is APE and there is APEv2. APEv2 tags are part of the Musepack specification. In case you meant ID3v2 somewhere, this is most definitely not supported by Musepack.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2005, 02:19 pm   #22
obTuSEPACK

Quote:
To make things clear, there is no such thing is "IDv1 APEv2" or "IDEv1 IDEv2." There is APE and there is APEv2. APEv2 tags are part of the Musepack specification. In case you meant ID3v2 somewhere, this is most definitely not supported by Musepack.
I apologize for using that format to describe the tags, as I can see now how it is confusing.

What this [ APEv2 (IDv1 APEv2) ] means is that APEv2 will be used if the player can read the tag, but that both IDv1 & APEv2 are available tags in the file. I don't believe the ability to handle multiple tags is unusual for tag editors, but if it is, the one that I use is MP3Tag (and as far as I know, it is very popular and widely used). See here:

http://mp3tag.de/en/index.html

With all that said, my description of the problem and the solution still stands. The number of people that encounter this issue may be small (or not?), but the tagging and field contents conventions that caused issues with the Linux MPC library and / or plug-ins do not occur with MPC in Windows. I will let the developers draw their own conclusions about whether the issue is worthy of attention.
obTuSEPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2005, 05:41 pm   #23
Lefungus
Procrastinator

Thanks for the report.
I'll try to eradicate this ugly thing right now.

[edit]
I can't reproduce this at all. It works and read apev2 genre tags with '/' fine here. The issue is in the xmms/bmp plugin btw, the mpc library doesn't deal with tags at all.
Lefungus is offline   Reply With Quote