Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for Windows

Old 07 January 2006, 05:08 pm   #1
Stripes

Default Can someone give me a step-by-step?

I have some .mpc files and I can't make them work. When I right-click, no option to copy, cut, or paste comes up. If I do it manually by using "edit" at the top of the screen, nothing pastes.

The files won't play on anything. In the course of trying to get them to work, I've ended up with foobar2000, winamp (latest free version), an mpc > mp3 converter, some kind of mpc extention, I think for Nero, and "mpc directshow filter", which I've run and had nothing happen.

What do I need to do, step by step, to make these files work? Nothing seems to tell me clearly the things I need to run the files, or what to do with them. Do I need to get an encoder and decoder? Do those need a program to run from, like winamp or foobar2000? I really have no idea what needs to be done. I need some clear directions.
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 January 2006, 07:01 pm   #2
Shy
Admin

If nothing can play them, those are not mpc audio files... or the files are corrupted.

Edit: this part kind of slipped my eyes - "When I right-click, no option to copy, cut, or paste comes up." The Cut and Copy functions should always work in the Windows explorer...and what is "edit" at the top of the screen?
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 January 2006, 08:47 pm   #3
Stripes

You know edit. File, Edit, View, Favorites, that stuff. I tried the commands from Edit too.
Old 07 January 2006, 10:29 pm   #4
Shy
Admin

Ah. Well, I just thought of something, are the files in use by another program, like maybe a BitTorrent client that prevents anything from accessing the files while they're being torrented?
Old 07 January 2006, 11:49 pm   #5
Stripes

I haven't moved the files since they finished downloading. I can try that. Hah. I can cut and copy and paste now. Let's see what else I can do. I can play them on Windows Media Player. :P Wonderful. That's all it took. I just had to move the folder. Geez. :P Thanks. You're the best. I was getting so frustrated over this. You're awsome. lol.
Old 12 August 2007, 12:38 pm   #6
Sarastro33

But, I am still looking for a specific step-by-step method, not "talking about the steps" to take.
I am a novice user who is only involved with this to decode some music files I downloaded. I unzipped the files, downloaded your decoder, yet I still only get files with the symbol that I see on "rar" files - and that won't play on my computer, or do anything with Roxio (for instance) so I can burn them to a CD.

SPELL IT OUT, simply and CLEARLY for those of us who are not computer whizzes, without assumptions and without being condescending.

If you can't, then I will go back to the originator of the files to tell that that their time and my time has been wasted.

WHO CARES if there is some quality improvement if the files can't be played?
Sarastro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2007, 09:10 pm   #7
Jakeworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarastro33 View Post
SPELL IT OUT, simply and CLEARLY for those of us who are not computer whizzes, without assumptions and without being condescending.

If you can't, then I will go back to the originator of the files to tell that that their time and my time has been wasted.

Whoa... calm down there. I really don't even know where this sudden outburst came from, but you might want to consider being a bit less rash in the future with your statements. One simple solution for playing the songs is to use foobar2000; that way you do not even need to worry about the decoder. This will play musepack files without any additional user input.
Jakeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2007, 11:48 am   #8
Shy
Admin

I don't think anyone needs to be a computer whiz to play compressed audio files or convert them to wav or another format. Especially when there are clear sections of frequently asked questions and supporting programs (players, frontends, converters, burners etc.) on the main site.
Old 24 April 2009, 09:58 pm   #9
studiorat

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarastro33 View Post
But, I am still looking for a specific step-by-step method, not "talking about the steps" to take.
I am a novice user who is only involved with this to decode some music files I downloaded. I unzipped the files, downloaded your decoder, yet I still only get files with the symbol that I see on "rar" files - and that won't play on my computer, or do anything with Roxio (for instance) so I can burn them to a CD.

dude whats wrong with u if there is no help here move on and get over it and find help elsewhere life is too short to get mad on a forum
studiorat is offline   Reply With Quote