Musepack Forums  

Go Back   Musepack Forums > Main > MPC for Windows

Old 09 May 2005, 06:26 pm   #1
lawkie

Default MPC Files act strange in when playing with Winamp

Hello,

I encoded a CD to MPC files, using EAC (Latest versions).
To play them I have installed both the plugin for winamp and the plugin for WMP. When I play the files in WMP I have no problems.

But when I play them in Winamp they act strange. It opens the file but then skips very fast trough the song (without me hearing anything). Just like if something is FFWD it.

I've checked if the plugin was installed and it is. I can access it's settings.
I looked in all manuals and changed all my EAC and Winamp settings according to it. The fact that WMP plays them, proofs they are encoded correctly. They have an APE2 tag attached to it (no ID3).

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks and greetings,

Lawkie
lawkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2005, 06:48 pm   #2
Shy
Admin

This must be a problem with some setting in Winamp. Maybe you're using file writer as output and that's why you see it "fast forwarding" and don't hear anything. Also, maybe the problem is due to some buggy plugin that works on the sound, such as those "sound enhancing" or "surround" plugins.
If you can't detect the cause of the problem easily, try to disable/uninstall third party plugins and try again. If that still doesn't work, it must be due to some setting in Winamp that you're missing. Uninstalling and installing Winamp again as a last resort could solve it.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote